Round 2 Results

WOMENS ROUND 2 RESULTS

Two out of three wins ain’t bad! Another strong week for our Women’s Program.

WOMENS THIRDS:

This side continues to go from strength to strength, taking a massive 71-2 win over Yarra Cobras over the weekend.

We can’t wait to see what this side has in store.

It came after our own Bella Allen was honoured after her Round 1 performance against West Brunswick with the VAFA Rising Star nomination! She booted FOUR goals!

WOMENS RESERVES:

Our Womens Reserves showed we have great depth in our Women’s Program running out winners by 41 points over SKOB.

That’s 2/2 as we head into a tough challenge away from home in Round 3.

WOMENS SENIORS:

The Senior Women competed hard in the first half, but fell short after halftime to the 3-time reigning premiers, SKOB. 

Coach Dom Lucarelli is optimistic and his coaching panel now knows where they need to improve over the coming months.

Pics below from Bruce Tobin.

MENS ROUND 2 RESULTS

A mixed bag of results across our Men’s sides this week.

MENS UNDER 19s (Round 3):

The Under 19s started us off playing St Mary’s Salesian in the inaugural ‘Tackle Your Feelings’ game focussing on Mental Health. 

With talent across all lines they ran out winners by 131 points!

A great win coming off the Bye.

MENS THIRDS:

BYE.

MENS RESERVES:

Our Mens Reserves came off a great win last week that proved our depth has improved immensely.

They pushed SKOB all the way until the end, falling agonisingly short by 5 points.

MENS SENIORS:

The Senior Men started slow, but then put the foot down to open up a 20-point lead in the 3rd quarter. 

With a series of injuries to key players and up against a well structured team in SKOB, we fell away to lose.

It’s been a hard start for the Seniors, but nonetheless, a chance to see how the best talent in the division performs and how we can improve and match that.

Previous
Previous

Round 5 Past Players Day

Next
Next

Bella Allen Rising Star