Round 4 Results

MENS ROUND 4 RESULTS

Another mixed bag of results in Round 4 as our Seniors continued their winning ways.

MENS SENIORS:

SOME WORDS FROM COACH - JORDIE McKENZIE

It was a spirited win from the boys. 

With a slow start and one of our prime movers going down injured, the boys were able to dig deep from quarter time onwards and produce our brand of footy. 

Our pressure was a highlight, and we were able to play large chunks of the game in our forward half. 

Ben Darrou provided a terrific contest all day, and got his reward with 4 goals. Scott Bielby and Will Pewtress were instrumental down back, and the midfield group lead by Jim Bazzani produced a great 4-quarter effort.

MENS RESERVES:

Our Mens Reserves unfortunately struggled with limited numbers, going down to Old Xavs by 99 points.

Richie Andrew, Luke Smith, Flynn Siassios and Lucas Heriot were dubbed best afield.

Meantime, Cooper Mitchell and Jack Howard both kicked a goal each. 

On to the next one as we look to get back on the winners list.

MENS THIRDS:

Our Thirds couldn’t get the job done after their promotion to Division 1.

It was a tough challenge to face off against SKOB, as we went down 61-94.

Cameron Sharp, Chester Murdoch, Jamie Tassone and Kynan Manning-Stratton were named among the best.

Louis Jorgensen also kicked three in the loss.

A new division means new challenges, so we look ahead to next week to get back to our winning ways.

MENS UNDER 19s (Round 5):

A massive 69-point win for the Under 19s over Preston.

It was another impressive showing from the undefeated side, who took control from the first minute.

They are undefeated after five rounds and sit top of the table with a nice percentage of 388.99!

Their next challenge awaits in Round 6 - they’ll face off against Kew.

WOMENS ROUND 4 RESULTS

Three from three this week!

Some words below from our Women’s Coaches on a perfect weekend.

WOMENS SENIORS:

Bouncing back from a poor showing last week, the Senior Women prepared well during the week, and were guided brilliant by assistant coach and defensive coordinator Harriet Cooper during the pre game process, resulting in a great first quarter which set the tone for the game. 

Krystal Russell and Kate Dudley control the ruck contest from early on, with Eb Angelopoulos back from injury providing great spark in the middle, complimented by Freya Taylor, Cam Millias, Roxy Beazeville and Bec Grant. 

Up forward, Georgia Harris booted 4 in a stunning return to form, and Captain Maegan Harrison played on the wing. 

Alex Hose and Ellie George got the outside run clicked in, causing havoc for Yarra up the inside. 

Young star Lexie Moss drove our run off the half backline, and Jess Stolz (OW20) returned to the Senior team, providing to be a formidable opponent at full back. 

Senior coaches Dom, Harriet and Drew were pleased with the great spirit the team displayed, and the way each player played for each other.

We acme out victors, beating Old Yarra by 43 points!

WOMENS RESERVES:

Continuing their strong form, the Reserves hit the Trott quickly against old rival Yarra, controlling the game from the first bounce. 

Captain Caitlin Galt provided pressure up forward, and superstar Irish import Niamh Edgar slotted 5 majors for the day, with 2023 Wesley first XVIII skipper Annabelle Schmidt booting 4 and 17yo young gun Brooke Tuszinsky with 3.

The Purple and Gold army took home a stellar 95 point victory, holding the opposition to just a single major. 

Tanisha Clark, Maddie Smith and Ash Bertagno were superb in the middle, with brilliant ruck work from Sunday Stoney and Sam Peppler guiding the efforts. 

Jess Fitzpatrick was dominant as always, and Stacia Strain provided incredibly exciting run and dare all day. 

With a percentage of 1718.18 after four rounds, the entire team is to be congratulated on consistently accountable and exciting football. A real treat for the spectators. 

WOMENS THIRDS:

A strong showing from the Womens Thirds resulted in another MASSIVE win, this time, 104-0 over Elsternwick!

After kicking 0.10 in a very flooded forward line in Q1, the team lifted their discipline, cleared space up forward and slammed home 14.10 over the next 3 quarters.

The consistency of effort was incredible, led by returning skipper Marlaina McPhillips.

Coaches Dom Lucarelli and Steph Leondidis were delighted with the result. 

The backline west kept complete secure by Zoe Gurr and Dom Holland, and the Charlie Pritchard, Emma Meggs, Laura Luci and Liv Box were silky through the middle, with Iso Rennie providing great service to them from the ruck. 

Up forward, Kayla Dingle controlled the day, bagging 3 majors, while the remainder of the goals were spread very evenly across the squad. 

The team is incredibly excited to be rewarded for all of their efforts with a two division promotion which commences next week, and they are hungry to continue to grow from the new challenges in front of them. 

We’ll catch the Thirds in Division 2 from next week!

Previous
Previous

Round 5 Results

Next
Next

Round 3 Results